Monday, September 28, 2009

Two Down . . .

And I am not sure how many to go, but they are going fast! Weekends that is. This past weekend was a lot of fun. Aside from doing nothing much at all with my time, I managed to fit in a few requisite relaxing activities. Saturday does not count because I had class (although I should only have one more Saturday with classes which means . . .FREE TRAVEL TIME!!! YAY!!!!) Anyway, Sunday was just fabulous. I managed to get an invite (along with several Italians) to the Greek souvlaki Sunday event. This entailed about 20 College of Europe students (over half were Greek) descending upon this tiny Greek restaurant in the middle of Bruges to order gyros and other yummy Greek delicacies. The one man working that day had no idea what hit him. It was chaos, but in a good way. When it was finally ready,we took our food to an open square and ate outside, enjoying what everyone keeps telling us is the last of the sunshine. Then, happy day, we went to get WAFFLES!! You can see the pictures. I was a pretty happy camper. Warm, sweet, sticky, still gooey in the center. Life doesn't get much better. But then it does. After the waffles we walked along the canal to a little cafe and had cappuccinos as the sun was setting over the city. What a great day! It makes you thankful that the canteen is closed on Sundays. I hope we do this again sometime. I met some great new people and ate lots of delicious food.
Monday (today that is) wasn't too bad either. There were no waffles and there was class again, but overall it was a productive day. If I can get my paper topics chosen this week I should be golden. So, again, if anyone has any ideas, send them my way!

Ciao!

PS, I really like reading your comments on my posts. If you have any, feel free to write! It lets me know who is reading so I really appreciate them.

Merci

5 comments:

  1. gyros! remember that one time on vacation!? haha! sounds like you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALI

    I finally figured out how to get my comments on here. Just wanted to let you know that I have been reading your blog everyday (or every time you post) You are so blessed to be where you are. it looks gorgeous!!! I hope that you are not too held down by homework, I am sure that you can deal though. Would you do me a favor? Would you eat a waffle for me? Thanks. Love you lots.

    -Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. ali!! you did not write that TODAY you had another waffle!!!
    hi hi hi hi:-)))

    rita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I'll put it in my next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. FREE TRAVEL?!?! The first or second weekend after Toussaint I'll be going to Paris & staying with Mme Chauchat & seeing Peter Pan! YOU SHOULD COME!!!!!!! I'll let you know the dates once we decide :)

    ReplyDelete