Saturday, September 26, 2009

Shout Out!

I just want to give a huge shout out to Rotary. You guys are awesome! Rotary 6060 deserves a HUGE thanks for for all of their help in getting me ready to come to Belgium and district 1620 has been absolutely fabulous since my arrival - and I have only met a couple of them! But those that I do know are responsible for my wonderful first impression of Belgium and my relatively "facile" adjustment into life here in Bruges. I could not ask for a better host counselor than Paul and I could not have chosen a more welcoming city. Another shout out to the Bruges Rotoract Club who had me to a meeting tonight! Although I only understood about every 50th word of the Flemmish proceedings, it was great to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones. After the meeting there was cake (always a plus if you ask me - please refer to post on batter), and then we went to the Vuurmolen for drinks. It was a great Friday night and I am looking forward to getting to know Rotoract and its members better throughout the year. Thanks again everyone. I would probably be miserable and lost without you. Rotary rocks.

1 comment: