Thursday, September 10, 2009

In Bruges

So, here I am qt last, in Bruges. The trip went off without a hitch and I was greeted at the airport by Paul, my extremely nice host counselor and his wife. I spent the day settling in at Piet and Bieke´s house. I had a lovely time playing with their ten year old daughter Anouk who does not speak any English. I have not had to speak French yet and am really thinking that Dutch would have been a good thing to learn. Too late for that. I am just going to have to pick it up as I go. After a sleepless first night blessed with the stomach flu, I struggled through my tour of Bruges with Astrid and Marie from Rotoract. I tried to make the most of it, but to be honest, I felt miserable. Maybe tomorrow will be better. That´s it for now. No waffles yet, but I have a feeling I will make up for that soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. Remember my plan for you learning Dutch. It's a good plan!

    Hope you feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete