Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Not Much to Report, but that Never Stops Me

Although I did have my second waffle today. (That one was for you, Mia)! No class today but I have 6 hours of lecture tomorrow, so don't be too jealous. I went running around Bruges this morning and it was lovely. I then attempted to research a paper topic I have due on Friday (not my thesis, thank goodness), but I really did not get anywhere. I got back to my room just in time to feel the start of a really bad headache coming on. So I scrapped my plans for more research and took a long nap. It was amazing! I am usually not the type to enjoy a nap. They usually do more to mess up my day than to help me recharge, but when a headache is involved, there is nothing better than sleep. I am feeling much better now, even after the mystery lasagna we had for dinner, and am looking forward to going out for a drink tonight with Nasia and a couple of other people. It should be fun.
In other news, Piet Lust, the rotarian I stayed with when I first arrived, contacted me today. While I was staying with his family I helped them pick about 200 kilos of apples and pears from there small orchard. It was great fun shaking the trees and eating some fresh apples (the apple crumble we made was pretty tasty too! I do love a nice crumble - which is really a funny word if you say it in French :) ) . Anyway, every year Piet and Bieke take all of the apples and pears to a man who makes fresh juice from your own fruit. And the juice is finally ready! So Piet is going to bring me a bottle of the fresh apple juice along with some peanut butter! I am so excited! So thank you Piet, Bieke, and Anouk for thinking of me!

Here is to fresh apple juice, and of course, waffles.

Love

3 comments:

  1. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i just realized that all the comments ive been "posting" havent gone through... ugh! this one would have said something about the deliciousness of fresh apple juice and being jealous...

    ReplyDelete