Saturday, February 13, 2010

Song of the Week: 12

Sorry for the lack of posts this week everyone.  I feel like I have really been slacking.  Fear not, it is not only the blog I have been neglecting, but work in general.  For reasons I still do not know, I ended up having almost the entire week free of class.  Aside from German on Monday and spending Wednesday in Brussels for an interview, I have not had any compulsory activities planned.  Weeks like this are dangerous for people like me.  I only work when I need to work; when I have a deadline hanging over my head.  I get my work done and I tend to do a fine job, but give me some freedom and it is highly unlikely that I will come up with enough self-motivation to accomplish anything.  (Plus, Survivor Season 20 aired on Thursday night so that pretty much consumed my Friday evening.  It's Heroes vs. Villains and I am stoked!)  Anyway, that pretty much sums up this past week.  But hopefully I will get back on track in these next couple of weeks leading up to our Poland trip.  I have some courses this week which will force me to do some reading and I have a rather large research paper due on Friday that I MUST begin.  I am not too concerned about that at the moment, but now that the deadline has hit the "under a week" mark, it's time to get cracking.
However, before I start on that, let's get to the song of the week.  This was a great week for music.  I bought some more songs and I found some new promising artists.  The fact that I have been listening to a lot of new stuff actually makes choosing a song rather difficult.  This week's selection is not what I was planning to post originally.  I have some other artists lined up that I have been waiting to showcase, but for some reason I kept coming back to this song.  My attachment to it is hard to explain.  For some reason I have not been able to stop listening to it.  The lyrics are strange, it's not necessarily a feel-good song, but it is rhythmically haunting and I think you might enjoy it - or you'll just think I am crazy.  It's from a band called The Graduate; they are from Springfield, IL, so kind of close to home.  The song is  a cover of Analog Rebellion's "Marla Singer Doesn't Take Standardized Tests."  Once again, it is not available on iTunes.  BUT, if you follow the link to the song you can download it for free from the band's PureVolume.com page.  So go check out The Graduate and listen to "Marla Singer Doesn't Take Standardized Tests (Disposable Smiles)."

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and are gearing up for Valentine's Day!  Bring on the pink, flowers, hearts and chocolates!  I'll post again soon!

Peace, Love, and Waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment