Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm in Poland!

This morning the IRD students woke themselves up obscenely early to travel to Warsaw/Natolin Poland.  After a bus, a plane, another bus, and a short trek through the snow, I am here.  I am in Poland, sitting in my hotel, watching "Grey's Anatomy" dubbed in Polish - interesting.  Upon arrival, I thought our hotel looked oddly like a hospital.  Turns out, it used to be an oncology research center.   Nice.  The city of Natolin is difficult to navigate.  All of the grey high rises look the same.  And I never thought I would see a city with a bigger dog poop problem than Bruges.  The Natolin College of Europe campus is lovely.  It used to be palace grounds.  The palace is still there along with several modern buildings for the school and beautiful grounds!  However, with only 100 students and nestled amongst, well, nothing, this campus kind of loses its appeal.  I am excited to explore Warsaw a bit and hopefully reverse some of my poor first impression tomorrow, but there is not much I can do now but brave the dark and dreary city and the mounds of dirty snow.  So Poland will be an experience, that's for sure.  But at the moment (yep, I'm going to say it) I miss Bruges!

Peace, Love, and Waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment