Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Challenge is Over

Good morning everyone.  This post will serve as a short reflection on the photo challenge and its results.  Let me just say that when I committed to posting ten pictures a day for ten days, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  First of all, the rules were that I had to take new pictures everyday.  I did not allow myself to use any of the photos I had taken on a previous occasion.  Second, I tried to go to a new part of Bruges everyday.  And believe me, I did.  On average, I was out walking in Bruges for at least two hours every day.  This was one of the most fun but also most frustrating parts of the project.  I saw parts of Bruges I never even knew existed.  I wandered into churches, museums, up the bell tower's 350+ steps, and I am certain I was guilty of trespassing on several occasions.  It was a wonderful opportunity to explore every nook and cranny of this city and I did just that.  I can now officially say that I have been EVERYWHERE in Bruges.  On the other hand, add two hours of editing and posting to the two hours of walking and you get 10 days where very little else gets done.   This project was a time sucker.  It is hard to get ten good shots, even out of 50.  Now that it is over, I am not sure what I am going to do with these extra four hours I have, but something tells me I should get back to work.  Oh, right, work.  That's what I have been putting off.  When all is said and done, I am pleased that I decided to do this and also quite proud of myself that I stuck with it and actually completed this self-imposed challenge whilst following the rules.  There were days when I was out in rain, sleet, and the freezing cold, but by-golly I took those pictures.
On that note, I will just say that I hope you enjoyed the photo tour of Bruges.  It is truly a lovely - and sometimes, dare-I-say magical - city.  Keep checking the blog for new posts as we head into spring!

Peace, Love, and Waffles.

3 comments:

  1. CICCI ALI, they are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you should publish a book (a coffe-table book..geeky dreamboat..)
    compliments!!
    you're simply amazing!
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ali,
    Thanks for taking on the challenge, I enjoyed it.
    The pictures are great. This could be your backup profession. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh did i love your pictures! seriously-- they are amazing and make me want to travel soo much!

    ReplyDelete