Monday, October 5, 2009

Rainy Day

The magic spell has been broken and rain has returned to Bruges. I woke up this morning to a wet and dreary world and to the realization that fall has arrived. The clouds hung low over the city and by the time I had walked from my room to the library, my boots, tights, and skirt were completely soaked, despite the best efforts of my tiny umbrella. I am definitely going to need to upgrade! Despite the misery of walking around wet, squishy, and generally saddened by the knowledge that these words will probably describe the next five months of my life here, I had a pretty good Monday. It was a busy busy busy day. But I was highly productive. It feels good. Classes are in full swing this week which means lots and lots of reading, but that is grad school for you.
On a happy note, I must admit that I broke down yesterday and bought an iTunes season pass for Survivor:Samoa. After an interestingly precarious history with authority, I decided not to join the masses in illegal downloading. However, I also realized that I simply needed to be able to follow this season of Survivor. It is like a little reminder of home and it is very very good to have. I am currently in negotiations with myself to buy passes for Glee and The Office. I will let you know how they go. After all, I do not exactly have much free time for television. At the same time, my sanity kind of depends upon the blessed mental break watching a show like The Office or Survivor offers. So, really, the lesson here is that, in life, you need balance. And balance I shall. Bring it on.

Happy rainy day from Bruges!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Rainy Day! Love you lots - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh... as a professional tv watcher these days (seriously I have to stop!!) I'd recommend not bothering w/ the Office... hasn't really been that great so far. But Glee... well you KNOW that is the bomb. And did you know there is a new season of Amazing Race??

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO WAY!! I should maybe do that and Glee. But the problem is my European friends here watch the Office and have been begging me to catch up on it so we can talk about it. Dilemma!!!

    ReplyDelete