Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cold Cold

I do believe winter arrived today. I admit I was a little sad to have to break out my mittens in October, but it was a beautiful sunny day, so I can't complain about the cold too much. It is just tough to swallow that it is already the middle of October!!! Time is absolutely flying! Yesterday was Sunday right? So how is tomorrow Thursday? I am telling you, it is crazy. Anyway, happy Wednesday. I am looking forward to Thursday this week because I am having dinner with my host Rotarian, Paul, and his wife at their home. I am so excited to go to someone's HOUSE! And to eat a home-cooked meal. Not that the canteen isn't great . . . let's face it, it's not great. So tomorrow should be relaxing, fun, and delicious. Yay! Then, after dinner is Oktoberfest at the student bar (there is a bar in the basement of one of the student residences that a group of students runs every Thursday. Kind of a different extracurricular activity, but hey, it's Europe). Anyway, we are celebrating all of the October birthdays so it should be fun!
As far as school goes . . . well I won't go into too much detail. But I have submitted my thesis topic, so that is a load off my mind. It was approved by the academic assistant so now I just have to write it. HA! I also finally gave in and joined a reading group. My personal jury is still out on that one, but after last week's emotional debacle, I had to do something. I have already discovered that it is not humanly possible to finish all of the readings on my own (for instance, for this week we had over 700 pages assigned). But I don't usually trust other people when it comes to my academic life, so this was a dilemma if I have ever experienced one. Anyway, I joined a group and we are splitting all of the readings for all of the courses. Everyone reads a few of the articles and then writes a detailed summary to submit to the group. Then we meet every week to make sure everyone is on the same page and keeping up. It should work, I am just really nervous about trusting other people to do MY work. We'll see.
One final note. I had mentioned earlier that I would be posting more photos this week. Yeah, so I definitely have left my camera in my room every day this week. Sorry! Lots on my mind. Maybe tomorrow I will remember to take it! Let's hope. Anyway, long post, I'll let you go.

Have a great rest of the week!
Love

2 comments:

  1. Oktoberfest?!?! Geeze Louise!

    And congrats on having you're thesis approved! That's wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 700 pages!? oh. my. gosh. that's nuts! what's your thesis statement?

    ReplyDelete