Saturday, October 10, 2009

Late Breaking News

Ok, so rumor has it that I might actually have a thesis topic. A few more hours of research should tell me for sure. So look for an update soon. This is huge. If I can get this figured out I will feel so much better! So if everyone could just hope and pray that no one has done it before, I would really appreciate it.
In other news, thank goodness for weekends. This was my first weekend without a Saturday class and it was really necessary. I hung out with some quality friends on Friday night and we watched a movie and shared a bottle of wine. I love chill evenings. I am not too much of a party girl, so I always love it when I find people who are happy to hang out in their pajamas with a movie and great conversation. My friends here are awesome!
Today was good. I said "forget reading" and slept in. Then I went to the grocery store and bought stuff to make trail mix. I then spent my afternoon eating way too much trail mix and doing my German homework. See, I wasn't totally unproductive today! After that was a hilarious dinner at the canteen with some wonderful Portuguese and Italian friends (more quality people) followed be a beer at De Garre.
Overall, today was just what I needed. I relaxed; I accomplished a few things; and I had some fun.
Staying positive is going to be my main goal (and biggest challenge), but things are looking up for the moment.
I hope I can get out into town this week and take some more pictures. I have seriously been slacking in that department. I just hate feeling like a tourist! I realize this is silly because I am technically a semi-tourist. And tourists aren't bad. In fact, I met a lovely couple from Minneapolis today in the Markt. They stopped me and asked if I would take a picture of them in front of the Belfry. They were super nice. I also have to remind myself that I like being a tourist (this is why I travel). So hopefully I will have some more pictures to post in the near future. Until then, I am off to bed.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Peace, Love, and Waffles,
Ali

1 comment:

  1. i just love that you have a blog... it's nice knowing what you're up to! love you and glad you had a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete