Saturday, October 3, 2009

Just FYI

Watching Martha Stewart when you do not have access to a kitchen is TORTURE! Yesterday I watched four segments on cookie making and today I watched her make an awesome plum galette. So the entire day yesterday was spent craving a chocolate chip cookie or a chewy warm oatmeal cookie, and today, all I wanted was pie. It is not that I desperately want to eat these things (although, always a perk of baking) it is that I want to MAKE them!
I am looking forward to the day (which is hopefully fast approaching) when I have my own kitchen and I can make cookies, galettes, pies (apple!), and scones (pumpkin!!) any time I darn well please. That will be the day when all is right with the world.
For now, I MUST stop torturing myself. Alas, I just love Martha.
Note to self: upon graduation and return to the States (or not), buy a KitchenAid stand mixer. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Responding to your email...we will definitely have to have a dinner party or at least an evening when we can cook together when you get back!! Looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete