Monday, October 19, 2009

Ok So

I debated about posting now as opposed to tomorrow, but I decided on now because I would like to put off homework for at least another 20 minutes.
Today was busy. Four and a half hours of sleep followed by seven hours of lecture required a total of 4 cappuccinos and a diet coke to make it through the day. I had a German test this morning, which I think went alright, but it was also the reason for the lack of sleep. Then there was a tutorial with student presentations followed by my Diplomacy Today course. Wow that was intense. My weekend was semi-enjoyable. The party our residence hosted on Saturday night was really fun, really crazy, and an utter disgusting mess to clean up in the morning. I got up early on Sunday to study but ended up cleaning until 2:00 in the afternoon. After what I dealt with I have officially been declared exempt from cleaning for the rest of the year. I agree with this decision. Nasty.
On a lighter note, I went out to dinner with some friends on Sunday night. It was WONDERFUL!!!!! It was a tiny local restaurant run by a husband and wife with classic Belgian fare. I ordered the croquettes de Herve with a small salad, followed by a wonderful beef stew with potatoes and a baked apple, and I finished the meal with a dessert of white mousse with amaretto. DELICIOUS! And so relaxing. The only problem was we did not get back from dinner until 11:00 and I still had to do some cramming for that German test. Oh, well. It was worth it.
I also almost had a heart attack today. I looked at my calendar and realized that it is October 19th, not October 3rd. When did this happen? I have three papers due the first two weeks of November and I was counting on that being a long time from now. Reality check. So, needless to say, I need to get myself going. Any ideas on self-motivation?

One last thing. If anyone is planning on sending something my way (ahem ahem . . . just kidding, no pressure), would you be so kind as to include several packages of Orbit gum in the Bubblemint flavor? Your contribution to my daily happiness is much appreciated. Like I said, no pressure. Hehehehe.

Anyway, enough rambling. Have a great Tuesday.
Peace, love, and waffles.

3 comments:

  1. I just had a vision of you cleaning out the refrigerator! Ahaha!

    Self-movtivation... I'm coming to see you soon & you need to be able to partyyyy!!!! And by partyyyy I mean drink tea, write our fairy tale, & watch sappy movies, but, you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you find any successful self-motivation methods... send them my way! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. cicci ali! you're so amazing and you will do everything and it will be great.
    and our voisin stopped with the alarm-clock, we never clean again until june and we don't hang around with people with such a HUUUUGE nose.
    could it be enough for motivation???

    ah, i forgot: dracula simply decided to fly away. but we will be vampire for halloween!

    bacio bacino bacetto bacione bacettino

    ReplyDelete