Thursday, April 8, 2010

Time Turners, Pez, Postcards, and Memories

I have never received so much mail in my entire life.  In fact, I am pretty sure that everyone else in my residence secretly hates me because I am always getting packages and letters.  And it's all thanks to you, dear readers.  Thank you!
Yesterday and today were some of the best mail days yet.  I received even more 100 Post Challenge responses and some very special items.  Last week, after working hard to finish two presentations and two papers while working on a thesis outline and planning a trip to Paris, I explained to my Dad that I needed Hermione Granger's Time Turner.  For those of you who are not avid Harry Potter fans, I apologize for the reference (but seriously, read the books).  I was just feeling (and still am) so pressed for time that the thought of being able to go back in time in order to elongate my days by a few hours was so tempting.  Well, wouldn't you know that my Daddy sent me a Time Turner!  It arrived yesterday amidst 50 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (I can go back in time and eat them again, so that makes 100), and I just squealed when I opened the package.  I laughed hysterically and wore it around the rest of the day.  I got some strange looks, but most of the people who noticed it asked if they could try it to see if it really works.  I informed them that I had already tried it (seriously, I did), and that unfortunately it is just symbolic.  But my Dad still deserves the Best Dad of the Year Award, hands down.
I also received a postcard from my Aunt Rhoda, Uncle Mike, and cousins Joshua and Caleb.  It was so sweet of them to think of me while they were on vacation in Indiana!
In addition to that was a thick envelope from the Wesche family.  I opened it and proceeded to tear up a bit.  They had sent me 100 memories.  I read through them all and was touched by the effort they had put into it.  It was fun to reminisce over all of those years at Our Redeemer and beyond.  I haven't thought about playing softball and soccer for the Little Ladies and the Sparks in so long.  It was a great way to dig up some great childhood memories with my very first friends.  Thank you Gregg, Michelle, Ashley, Devon, and Dean!
Today I received a very heavy package.  I had no idea what was inside and I was definitely NOT expecting 100 packages of Pez candy!  But what a great surprise!  If any of you know Gregg Wesche and his extensive Pez collection, then you will understand.  I can't wait to share this crazy candy with my friends here at the College!  I have some of the best and most thoughtful Godparents in the world!  Gregg has also sent me on a mission to find the Pez dispensers that have only been released in Europe.  I shall do my best.
Well, that's about it for mail.  I bought the postcards today and they will be in the mail soon!  Remember, you can still send me stuff, even just a postcard, and I will send you a postcard in return.  I hope you are all having a great Thursday and looking forward to the weekend!  The sun is shining in Bruges, but I still cannot wait for it to get warm!  See you in June.

Peace, Love, and Waffles.

1 comment:

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that time turner is THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Want.

    ReplyDelete