Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Song of the Week: 19

Sorry for the delay on this one, guys.  Our hotel didn't have internet, so needless to say, no blog posts this weekend.  But I think I made up for it today.  This week is a difficult week for music.  I don't really have anything new (I spent all of my gift cards.  Sadness).  I had to dig in the archives a bit, but I found a good one.  I recently added this song to a mix I am working on for spring.  This song always reminds me of summer.  It think it is because I would listen to it on drives back to St. Louis with Ben.  He only kept three CDs in his Mazda, Queen: Greatest Hits, and two U2 albums.  He would not allow me to play any of my music.  So for 10-13 hours we would listen to three CDs on repeat.  It sounds like a terrible form of torture, but those songs turned into the soundtrack for some great memories.  This particular song has always stuck with me.  It comes on sometimes when I have my iPod on shuffle and I am instantly transported to a winding American highway under the stars.  The windows are cracked, the lights of passing cars are bright, and the air is thick with the quiet potential of summer.  So in honor of good memories of the open road and my rapidly approaching summer, here is U2's "City of Blinding Lights." Thanks for the memories, Ben.

Peace, Love, and Waffles.

1 comment:

  1. Heeey!! I got your postcard in the mail yesterday and BOY did it make my day. I loved your comment about us not being in as close touch this year and had to laugh because I feel like i'm in close touch with YOU because i read your blog all the time! Haha... Guess I will have to do a better job of filling you in on what's going on with me!! : ) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete