Wednesday, March 31, 2010

As Easter Approaches . . .

So does PARIS!!!  I am not sure if I have mentioned it before, but this year I have chosen to ignore any sense of responsibility that may be lurking in my being, shrug off work for a weekend and speed off to Paris for my miniscule Easter break!  And you know what?  I couldn't be more excited.  Sure, I haven't started writing my thesis yet.  Sure, I still have three papers and two presentations to turn in.  And sure, Eurostar isn't exactly throwing free tickets my way.  But who cares!  I am finally getting the chance to take a weekend trip, and to one of my favorite places in the world.  And get this: not only will I be in one of my favorite places, I will be spending the break with two of my very favorite people!  Sally and Sarah are meeting me there for a weekend filled with crêpes, café au lait, Eiffel Tower sparkles, and even Disneyland Paris!  That's right people, I am going to Disneyland.  (Insert high-pitched squeal here).  We are going to relive some of our favorite memories from our 2007 semester abroad in Versailles and just do a who lotta nothing.  I couldn't be happier.  But don't worry, we have not completely forgotten about the resurrection.  We will be going to church on Sunday followed by a lovely afternoon of doing whatever the heck we want.  If by this point you can't tell I am excited, then I suggest you stop reading now.
It will be so nice to get out of Bruges for a few days and go somewhere truly familiar.  There are so many things I want to do, I am not sure we will be able to pack them into 3.5 days.  That won't stop me from trying, though.  The only things standing between me and the City of Lights are a paper for Transatlantic Relations and a revised thesis outline.  But these will get done.  And then, dear readers, then, I will finally be headed for France!  I have missed France a lot since coming back almost three years ago.  Since arriving in Belgium, I continually lament the fact that my French is getting worse living in Flanders and that we are so close to the border yet there is almost no cultural influence.  So I will just have to get my fill this weekend.  So have a wonderful and blessed Easter everyone!  I will write again soon to fill you in on my adventures.

Peace, Love, and French Waffles.

3 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSHIGETTOSEEYOUTOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful Easter! Can't wait until you come back. I'm counting down the days!!

    ReplyDelete