Saturday, March 20, 2010

Song of the Week: 17

Happy Saturday readers!  I cannot believe it has already been a week since I have been back from Poland.  Time is flying!  I have mixed feelings about this, but won't get into that now.  This post is dedicated to music today and boy do I have something good lined up for you.  So, a few weeks ago, the owner of the American Café let me borrow a DVD to watch because I was tired of all of mine.  I chose "Away We Go" with John Krasinski and Maya Rudolph.  It is a terribly cute movie that explores the definition of "family."  I would totally recommend renting/buying it immediately (Warning: You must enjoy quirky independent-type films to appreciate this movie).  The icing on the cake for me was the soundtrack.  I fell in love with it.  When I looked it up on iTunes, I discovered that one artist had done the whole thing.  I love this concept.  If you have ever seen "Into the Wild" (Eddie Vedder) or "Dan in Real Life" (Sondre Lerche) then you know what a fabulous addition a single artist soundtrack is to a film.  Every song belongs and it really helps the story to flow.  The soundtrack to "Away We Go" was done by Alexi Murdoch.  It's a little bit folksy, highly reflective, and so easy to get swept up in.  He has so many fantastic songs out, but today's choice is called "Orange Sky." Now have a listen and tell me you haven't found the next addition to your music library.

PS, listen to the entire album and watch the movie too!  :)

Peace, Love, and Waffles.

2 comments:

  1. I love "Orange Sky!" First heard it on The OC. TOTALLY agree about single artists soundtracks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will 2nd (or 3rd?) the motion promoting single artist soundtracks. Hoo-rah! :) Thanks for the tip-off to this movie, will have to watch it!

    ReplyDelete