Thursday, November 12, 2009

I Think Friends are Neat


So, basically, I have some pretty wonderful friends.  I came back to my room today after ever-more lectures to two packages sitting on my desk.  They were from Ashley, one of my very best friends from home and someone I have known for the past 22 and a half years.  I was so excited!  I opened them and discovered that she had blissfully and wonderfully ignored my request not to send anymore food (although, that still stands).  Inside I discovered four Betty Crocker Warm Delights of the chocolate cake variety.  Um, perfection.  I am not above admitting that I immediately tore one open, added two tablespoons of water and the fudge topping, then dashed downstairs to the microwave, mouth watering the whole way.  I tried to savor it; I tried to make it last.  But lets be honest, it took me about 45 seconds to indulge in my first chocolate cake since leaving the good ol' U.S. of A.  And it was wonderful.  So thank you to friends who make the effort to make my days a little brighter.  Thank you for the little things that mean so much, the Creme Savers and the chocolate cakes and even letters from Paperchase.    
Basically, I think friends are really neat.  And I love all of my friends dearly.  New and old, near and far, you are my only tenuous link to reality and I couldn't make it without you.
Thanks Ashley for inspiring this post and for just being your wonderful wonderful self!


Oodles of love,
Ali

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't pass up a chance to send you molten chocolate cake, so I hope you enjoy it and can maybe just maybe tie you over until you come home and we can go get a molten brownie treat from TGIF or some other delicous dessert.
    Anyways, I promise no more food though if anything else come your way! :)
    Love ya!!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...edit above delicous to delicious...typing to fast

    ReplyDelete