Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fun Fun Fun

Ahhh, what a great week.  The sun has been shining, I am working my way through two new novels, and I have not touched a text book or syllabus in an entire week!  I realize that I still have one exam to go.  Don't worry, I will be resuming my regularly scheduled study program tomorrow.  First, though, I would just like to tell you about my "mini-break."  I did not leave the walls of the city this week but that does not mean that I wasn't on vacation.  I took myself out to lunch on a few occasions, went on a bike ride around the entire ring, soaked up the sun out by the windmills for three days in a row, and have almost completed my final Rotary report (along with Season 4 of Smallville).  :)  Needless to say it has been a happy week.  I am less than eager to resume my studies, but I think I can pull it out for one last isty bitsy exam.  Motivation will be in short supply, but let's hope that I can make do.  I am sure it won't be a problem.
This week wasn't all just sleeping in and reading great books, though.  I did have another Rotary presentation to give.  I only need one more to complete my obligation!  Woohoo!  Anyway, a huge "thank you" to the Torhout Rotary Club for having me.  I really enjoyed visiting your club and we happy to be able to share my presentation with all of you.
In other news, on Sunday I went on a delightful picnic with two good friends, Alex and Mariana.  We had sandwiches, salads, apples, and tarts from one of my favorite bakeries.  Not to mention plenty of sun and tons of fun.  I even broke out the SPF 50+ for the occasion. (You know it's serious when that happens).  Anyway, check out some of the pictures.  We had a blast with the almost summer-like weather.


Finally, I wish to inform you that I received what I believe to be the final 100 Post response yesterday.  Mia sent me 100 kernels of Nebraska corn, along with some other goodies (POP ROCKS!!!!).  So a HUGE thank you goes to Mia for being an amazing sister and sending me such a thoughtful package.  Thanks again to everyone who participated in the challenge.  Your postcards and letters adorn my walls and make my room much more like home.

Well, I hope that everyone has a fantastic weekend.  I know I am looking forward to it; although, it is getting difficult for me to distinguish the weeks from the weekends nowadays.  Have fun, stay safe, and enjoy the sun if it is shining on your part of the world.

Peace, Love, and Waffles.

1 comment: