Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Song of the Week: 24

Holy Moly!  I cannot believe it has been 9 days since I have updated this blog.  My sincerest apologies friends, but, in my defense, I have been rather busy.  Just 4 days after handing in that dreadful thesis exam season began.  So far I have completed three out of five.  And while none of them were easy and I think I might only be scraping by in a couple of classes (at least I sincerely hope I even scrape by), this means that there are only TWO exams standing in between me and the rest of my un-academic life.  I have to admit that I have had some real trouble studying this time around.  In December I spent hours pouring over notes and stressing myself to the max.  This time, I find myself watching episodes of Smallville, going for iced coffees, and studying only when I absolutely HAVE to.  This coupled with the fact that I have been under the weather for the past week (I am pretty sure all of those all-nighters killed my immune system) has not boded well for studying or for blogging.  But I guess we will just have to wait and see how things work out.  As much as I say I am relaxing, I am still working very hard.  Sometimes I feel absolutely buried by the amount of information I have to cram into my already-overflowing brain.  At least these last two exams will be in my native language (my first was in German and the next two were in French).  So hopefully that fact will give me my edge back.  Anyway, as far as the Song of the Week goes, I thought I would highlight a group that is vastly under-appreciated due to the nature of their debut album and their rather unfortunate haircuts at the time.  This group has grown and matured into some of the most talented American musicians around (at least, that is my opinion).  They are touring this summer with one of my favorite bands, "A Rocket to the Moon", and I am hoping to catch a show at one point or another; we'll have to see.  Anyway, the group is Hanson and, love them or hate them, you have to appreciate their musical talent.  I think that this song is not only appropriate for the amount of work I am buried under at the moment, but it also does a wonderful job of showcasing their talent.  The song is called "Underneath", please give it a chance and enjoy it!

Peace, Love, and Waffles.

2 comments: