Saturday, May 8, 2010

Song of the Week: 23

I finally have some new music this week!  Thanks to my Mom and Dad and the last package they sent, which included a giant box of Mike & Ikes and an iTunes gift card.  Before I get into that, though, I would just like to say thank you for some of the postcards I have received recently.  First, thanks to Aunt Rhoda for the newest Southbend postcard.  I love getting little encouraging notes mixed in with some news from home.  Next, I have to thank Paula Bettencourt, my good friend Alex's mom.  She was sweet enough to send me a postcard from Boston!  It was such a great surprise.  Finally, thanks to Katie and Jenn!  Now, I have to explain a little bit.  I never actually received a postcard from these two.  However, I have it on good word that one was sent to me from Florida a couple of months ago.  So I will just blame the postal service for failing to deliver it.  Thank you girls for putting in the effort even when the postman doesn't come through.   I love you girls!   So thank you everyone who has participated in the 100 Post package and postcard challenge.  Everything you send is up on my wall and I can't wait to get a picture of it at the end of the year.  It's a great reminder of how much everyone cares.
Now for the Song of the Week.  I now I have said it before, but single artist soundtracks really are the greatest thing to hit the movies since color.  This song is from one of my favorite movies "Dan in Real Life."  If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  The soundtrack artist's name is Sondre Lerche and he is simply amazing.  His laid back, happy tracks are quite fitting for my new relaxed mood these days. So sit back and have a listen to "My Hands are Shaking;" I think you'll really like it.

Peace, Love, and Waffles.

1 comment: