Saturday, January 16, 2010

Song of the Week: 8 and an Update

I can't believe it is already time for the song of the week.  I have only been back for two weeks now, but it seems like I never left Bruges.  Memories of Christmas and family fun have already begun to fade under the shadow of encroaching deadlines.  I had a meeting with my thesis advisor yesterday (terrifying) which actually went rather well.  The only problem is he reminded me that I only have 4 months in which to research and write this monster.  Apparently I was supposed to have interviews scheduled already.  News to me.  Anyway, things are coming at me fast this term; I just hope I can keep up.
It has been a bit rough in Bruges, lately.  Since being back I managed to catch the flu.  I swear, I have never been sick so often in my entire life!  I feel like I am always calling home with a cold or something worse, sounding like a man.  I mean, come on Belgium.  I don't know if the germs are just different here, or if it is the fact that I live in very close quarters with three hundred other people, or, as all of the Europeans seem to think (without a shred of scientific proof to back it up) that it must be the weather.  Either way, I am sick of getting sick!  But hopefully now that I am on the mend after this round I will have more than two weeks reprieve before catching my next illness.  I think I will give up all of the hand-washing and just stop breathing all together.
Onto a happier note: music!  This week I have been working on a playlist for my "future" life; aka, my life after the College of Europe - wherever and whatever that may be.  This song is the first on the playlist and I rather like it.  I have had it for a while, so it is nothing new; but I rediscovered it recently and have not been able to stop listening.  No doubt you have heard of the band "Kings of Leon."  If you have not, then I pity your iPod.  This song is from the album "Because of the Times."  I would highly recommend all of their albums.  This video is a live performance because it is always more impressive when a band sounds as good live as they do on their album.  One day I will see them live and truly prove this statement.  For now, here is "Arizona."  Enjoy!

Peace, Love, and Waffles.

2 comments:

  1. 1st- As the French would say... it must have been a draft that got you sick ;)

    2nd- Is this this playlist I think it is?? I think/hope so!

    3rd- EXCELLENT choice!

    4th- KOL were already on our list of must sees- derrrr. But I just wanted to reiterate how much I'm looking forward to seeing a FULL set from them w/ you! Eeeeee!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed the mix you are thinking of. It will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete