Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back on the Circuit

I just want to give a quick shout out to Rotary Club t'Vrije; thanks for the warm welcome and the genuine interest in my talk!  It was great seeing you again and I look forward to coming back again before the end of my program.
That's right everyone, I am back on the "Rotary Circuit."  My speaking engagements began with a noon meeting today at the Crown Plaza Hotel on the Burg.   I visited club Brugge t'Vrije (Bruges Free club) last term but was unable to give my presentation due to a scheduling mistake.  I am glad I was able to return as this is the District Governor's club.  I was welcomed back today by a very enthusiastic club and I had a great time giving my speech.  After meetings like this, I sometimes think that I would really enjoy being a professional speaker.  I would love to travel around the US/the whole world, giving talks about . . . well, I don't really know what.  And there in lies the problem, albeit a small one.  Barring the occurrence of some cataclysmic, life-changing event, after this year, I won't have anything to talk about.  So that rules out "motivational" speaker on the list of possible careers.  Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.  I will just have to be satisfied with my short lived stint on the speakers circuit in Belgium.  My next meeting is in mid-February, but if you know of a group that needs a speaker to talk about living and studying in Belgium, contact my agent (oddly enough, she has the same contact information I do.  Weird.)
In all seriousness, it's good to get back into doing these talks.  I am really looking forward to giving my presentations when I get back to the states.  I am already working on a video project for those.
Well, I hope everyone is having a great week!















Exchanging flags with the Club President

Peace, Love, and Waffles.

1 comment:

  1. I know one thing you're going to travel the world talking about... But its top secret. You and I know what it is. Everyone else, you'll find out soon enough ;)

    ReplyDelete