Saturday, December 12, 2009

Song of the Week: 5 (And Other Stuff)

Wow, I almost forgot to post this today.  I have been so busy with exams and other school worries (the thesis has begun to creep up on me once again; so not ready), that I have admittedly been neglecting the blog and my faithful readers.  I do apologize.  Nothing too exciting has been happening lately.  So you really haven't missed much.  I have been dividing my time between my room and the American Cafe -  which I can almost see from my room.  I don't really get out that much.  So Wednesday night was a welcome surprise.  Not realizing that everyone and their brother came to visit Bruges in between Christmas and New Years, I neglected to book some hotel rooms for those crucial dates when my family and I visit Bruges over the Christmas holiday.  I emailed Paul, my host counselor, asking for some advice on where to stay.  He and Kaatje went way beyond sending me an advisory email and actually spent their afternoon searching for a hotel for us.  They called me unexpectedly that evening and proceeded to take me around town so I could look at the rooms they had inquired about.  It was so nice and surprisingly entertaining and I found a nice little hotel that thankfully had some rooms available.  Then they took me out to dinner to the best Mussel restaurant in Bruges.  It was so great!  I had been expecting to go to the cafeteria again fort a ham and cheese sandwich (like every other Wednesday night).  It was such a great surprise!  We all had a very nice evening.  It was a wonderful meal and the perfect way to get away from my books for a bit and catch up with both of them.  I love a little spontaneity.
In other news, Christmas is coming, I have 8 days and two exams standing between me and what I would like to believe is a well-earned break.  With that in mind, and due to the fact that I have been listening to Christmas/wintery songs non-stop for the past two weeks, I feel that this post should reflect the infectious happiness and unexpected nostalgia that I always feel when I am away from home at Christmas time.  Here is a lovely Christmas song by Owl City.  I debated between posting this and a classic, but variety is nice sometimes.  I hope everyone is enjoying the Advent season as we get ready to celebrate Christmas!

Owl City - Christmas Song

Peace, Love, and Snow-covered Waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment